The Philatelic Traders’ Society hosted another engaging Stampex at the Business Design Centre in Central London at the end of September. Sponsored by Spink, the world-renowned auctioneers, the show was filled with PTS Member dealers, auction houses, and businesses, boasting a daily talks schedule and the chance to attend society meetings. Simon Carson, PTS Chairman, comments, “I wanted to take this time to say a huge thank you to everyone who has worked with us on the show; to the PTS members who attend year after year, to our trusted suppliers who help us make the show happen, and to all the amazing collectors who come along and join us at this important event. We can’t wait to see you all next year.”
The 10 Best Moments from Stampex 2023
- Seeing the British Guiana One Cent Magenta, presented by Gold PTS Member, Stanley Gibbons.
- Attending the excellent talks in the Stampex Auditorium, including presentations by George James, Graham Beck, and Todd Gantzer.
- Seeing so many happy collectors engaging with 60+ PTS Members, and hearing the buzz of philatelic chatter as it echoed around the BDC.
- Catching up with friends at one of the society meetings that ran daily.
- Celebrating World Postcard Day along with a Postcrossing Meetup, and free postcards thanks to our friends at Postcrossing!
- Browsing the Philasearch.com Click & Collect Stampex Online Store, to shop at home and then shop some more at Stampex!
- Bringing the family along to Stampex to enjoy a wide range of wonderful experiences for children including a free stamp auction and Stampex Bug hunt for children thanks to The Stamp Active team.
- Watching, and getting involved in, filming by the amazing Exploring Stamps team (Graham Beck and Laura Beck) as they captured footage for seven (yes, seven!) videos which we can’t wait to watch.
- Appreciating Stampex Sponsor, Spink’s unique stamp art on their stand by artist Ann Carrington.
- Exploring the very best of philately coming together, including fantastic stand concepts by the Royal Philatelic Society London, The Global Philatelic Network & the GBPS, and Best Dressed Stand Winner, Thematix.
Save the date! Stampex 2024 will be held from 23rd to 26th October 2024 at the Business Design Centre in Islington, Central London.